Dear fellow Babblers,
I’m about to provide y’all with an inside peak into my aesthetically dysfunctional mind. Beautiful Bella over at Bella Blogs Because Books has nominated this chica for the Blogger Aesthetic Award. Now if we are talkin’ pretty and altogether amazing when we define aesthetic then I highly recommend (like, guys you don’t have a choice here) you visit her blog. Her creative blog theme is both charming and always a pleasure to visit. On her directory page you’ll find a variety of new releases and reviews from the Young Adult genre, which, I don’t know about you, is one of the funnest genres to read reviews of. Anyway there is no one or few words to describe my so called “aesthetic” but I will nonetheless give this thingy a go just cause it seems fun and gives me an excuse to feel productive as I lay scrunched up in bed for five ours scrolling through Tumblr and Pinterest.
wtf, since when does one put rules on style? I’m a bad b**** and I play dirtay… Wait, huh? Lol idk)
- Separate yourself from brutal humanity, lock your tushy in doors, open a bag of cheesy cheetoes, and off you go to Pinterest, Tumblr, Google Images, wherever you can find visuals to match whatever style you pretend to harbor (us bibliophiles are defined by our books not by our “style” so idk where this kind of award is even going)
- Be a thug and Copy. Paste. Copy. Paste images onto post (this rule is only for the bimbos out there that don’t yet get the gist of this award)
- Share your new collection (
again, not sh**) with the social media stratosphere
- If you’re not an antisocial hermit, nominate other bloggers whose inner Beyonce you wanna get a flava of.
- Lastly, don’t be a ditz. Before illustrating your wonderfully stolen set of images tell us the rules of the award so we have some sort of clue what in the heck the purpose of your post even is.
- If you’re a real trooper you’ll give helpful tips. I mean, they aren’t really tips in my opinion. Any social media junkie has a secret love affair with Tumblr and Pinterest. So what’s the tip? Uh, there isn’t. I’m just telling y’all this cause it’s part of the rules (
not that I was ever a rule follower to begin with but that’s another babble for another dia)
I think I’m really only “supposed” to show y’all the collage of my “aesthetic” and therefore not even really say anything, but let l’art be understood for l’art. However, looking at what my aesthetic boils down to I feel the need to offer an explanation. I really can’t describe my taste in just a few terms or phrases. Sometimes I’m elegant (lol, PSYCHE!). Other times I’m boho. And then there are times that I am just a tad (tad in la langue de Delphine is the equivalent of completely & utterly) bit incomprehensible. Though I’m pretty outspoken and have absolutely no scruples in public places, I’m also a bit of a dreamer, dare I say a hopeless romantic? But then again, you can blame that on reality. Dreaming just seems so much more appealing than confronting life. My preference for the outdoors, my free spirit, and my habit to dream during all hours of the day and my love for anything pretty therefore brings us straight into the inspiration behind my petite collection.
Provided with this little background to my collage I now present to my fellow bloggers the acutely freaky and altogether nonsensical aesthetic, AKA “ooo me likey” album crafted by your very own psycho blogger Delphine…
Fun Facts About this Post: (
just cause y’all should know that I am well aware that this collage has no overall theme – I ain’t that screwed up, c’mon peeps!) This is not part of the rules, I just love to narcissistically babble.
- It took me a total of 4 hours, 6 minutes, 51 seconds to put together this album of MOI
- I would like everyone to know that I love the outdoors – hence all the images of the outdoors
- …However, I am also a hermit, as in… Don’t talk to me so damn much people, let me talk – remember, it’s all about meh!
- I daydream like it’s nobody’s freaking business. If any of you are like me, then you’ll understand how falling a lot goes with this. You dream plus you walk is equivalent to you fall over the thick, translucent air. Yup, pretty darn epic if ya ask me.
- I love to stare out windows. And no, I’m not a peeping tom (well, maybe – lol please don’t refer me to the cuckoo nest). So as an avid reader, I live vicariously through books. I’m one of those readers who immediately are able to separate herself from reality and fully identify with characters. So who am I when I’m not reading? Well, anyone I’m watching out of a window. I like to make up the possibilities of other peoples lives and watch them from afar (am I still creepy. How about now. How about now. How about now fellas. ) So, there’s the logic behind all the window photos.
Who dat blogger, AKA Nominees:
As y’all can see, I have a problem with following instructions. I swear this was just supposed to be an album and it turned into a freaking diary entry. Ugh – I might as well just reveal my deepest darkest secrets and be done with it already!
(I do not assume ownership of any images used in this post)